Monday, October 12, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's the Blue Angels

Welcome to San Francisco Fleet Week. If you couldn't make it out to SF this weekend, then no worries I've brought it to you. Hold on a second, you don't know what Fleet Week is? Well, this is THE fall event that brings San Franciscans, out of their Victorian apartments and onto their roofs. We all want to see the Blue Angels fly over our city and Golden Gate Bridge. With an estimated audience of 1 million people, the Blue Angels' are famous for their signature diamond formation and the six-jet Delta formation.

Let me let you in on a little secret, the show is spectacular and the sound is overwhelming!

On Saturday, Honey and I joined our friend 'Mark' and thirty friends on his rooftop to watch the show. What really amazed me, was seeing all of the other rooftop parties from where we were standing. Like this one...

And this one... I love this picture because it shows others on their roofs and the stretch of Union Street.



I must admit that I am very proud of this Blue Angel jets flying over the Golden Gate Bridge. You may be wondering why? They fly so fast, that a great shot can be easily missed.



And this my dear blogging friends, is when the rooftop parties had to end because the Blue Angels had to cancel their show due to weather. Please do not worry as they flew again on Sunday and made up for it. Comment below and tell me if you've ever seen the Blue Angels? If not can you come next year? I hope you enjoyed this little taste of San Francisco.

7 comments:

Dollface said...

This looks so cool.... Jared would love it. He loves planes!! wish I was there, xxxoo

Laura said...

Dollface: Me too sweetie! Have a good day...

Dream Sequins said...

I miss San Francisco! Thanks for these pictures :)

Unknown said...

I was lucky enough to be in San Fran a couple of years ago during fleet week! It was fantastic and so were all of the Navy Hotties :)

. said...

Looks so cool!!

Joanie said...

I enlarged the pictures and it's amazing how many people were on roofs to see the show!

~DokterKenny said...

Hey Laura great shots! What a beautiful day!! ...I Love the Blue Angels! Here are some pictures I took outside my office a couple of years ago whole they were practicing for the Mather Air Show http://flaskman.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=9948719&AlbumKey=ygkxu