Thursday, January 28, 2010

What's on your bucket list?

When I learned what a 'bucket list' was, I found myself wondering what would I add. A bucket list asks the question, If you found out you were running out of time what would you do? My list showed me all of the wonderful things I want to do next in my life. Sweetie is it Ok if I call it my 'one day soon' list instead of a bucket? Ah much better.

So it looks like...I want to see the world, own my own property, be comfortable without debt and someday milk a cow.

1) Write a book
2) Be on my favorite soap opera (General Hospital)
3) Say a speech at a strangers wedding
4) Have two children
5) Dance ballet again
6) Learn to like tomatoes and eat spicy food
7) Watch an entire day from sun up to sun down
8) Take pictures of the Grand Canyon
9) Take a road trip across America
10) Swim in the Great Barrier Reef, Australia
11) Zipline in Costa Rica
12) To not be afraid to fly
13) Learn a new language
14) Play an instrument ( I can kind of sort of play the piano)
15) Compose a song
16) Have a dog as a best friend
17) Shop for clothes without any debt
18) Have three months of savings
19) Milk a cow
20) Learn to juggle
21) Learn what it's like to be stress free
22) Photography (have my own gallery show)
23) Continue to discover my own spirituality
24) Own my own business (Boutique)
25) Go snorkeling
26) Go up a hot air balloon
27) Visit the Great Pyramid in Giza, Egypt
28) See Stonehenge in England
29) Dance in the rain
30) Own a home


And I can't wait to see what you come up with for your bucket list. What would you do? Skydive, sing in a band, tell someone you love them, not be afraid?

So as I go and find a cow, go and write your list and link back to me so we can have one long blog list.

Why do we let time pass us by without completing our wishes?

23 comments:

Morgan said...

Love your bucket list! I'd need to think on it more to come up with mine.. but travel would be my number one. Experiencing other countries and cultures. And writing a book. I like that idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I would sing in public. It's one of my worst fears. I would definitely finish my book. I would learn to play the piano and guitar. I would go to the beach for a week with my best friend. And do some traveling to take pictures.

Allyson said...

Well, I would have to say Morgan Freeman really made me think about this one. I want to...
Give the weather forecast
Learn how to make a caramel macchiato
Learn to sew (really just enough to make a wrap dress)
Participate in a mission trip outside of the continental U.S.
Go to Hawaii (which, I just found out, will happen this spring!!)
Write a song and have it professionally sung
Own an apple orchard
Live in Greece
Oh there's so much more....
Sorry I haven't been around much. Google Reader is giving me fits.

Unknown said...

fabulous bucket list!

gosh, I have thought about mine also... my list would be crazy long.

a few items..
- actually be a size 8!
- travel the world
- be on martha stewart

Laura said...

Morgan: Excited to read yours sweetie and writing a book is a great one!

Laura said...

Lauren: These are all great...your list is going to be wonderful xoxo

Laura said...

Allyson: What if we learned to sew, while on an apple orchard in Greece? Thanx for your comment sweetie!

Laura said...

Party Box Design: We so have to get you on Martha Stewart!

Dollface said...

will be ziplining in Costa Rica in April for my bachelorette party!! woooo xxxoo

Mrs Anne said...

I love your list.

please add "become a mother". for me :)

Heather said...

I have an entire blog dedicated to my list! Come check out my 101 in 1001 if you get a chance!

Meagan said...

I like those financial goals! You have so many wonderful things on your list. I think it depends how long you have to complete your bucket list. Mine would be short probably just spending time with Hubby, family, and friends.

Brandi said...

FANTASTIC list. I'd love to hear how you manage to do #3. What I've found more manageable for me, personally, is creating a list of things I want to do before my next birthday. It helps me not hyper-ventilate over giant projects. Wish I could help you with some of these things on the list, but part of the fun I think is figuring them out for yourself.

Laura said...

Dollface: How cool is ziplining in Coasta Rica! I think we're going to wonderful Napa to rest and giggle. I am SO looking forward to it!

Juliana said...

OK L~ Listen, I am not sure where you came from and where you have been all my life-but I hope we are bloggy friends forever now. I just spent so much time going back through your blogs and cannot wait to read more. My husband is shaking his head at me thinking I am a nut job-but I just LOVE your blog and we have a lot in common. I am going to add you to my lovely blogrool right now!!

GREAT Bucket List!

Working Mommy said...

You have such a great list!! I haven't started mine, yet, but I guess I should get to gettin' huh?!

~WM

Jesse Harding said...

Awesome list. I made my first list when I was twelve and just recently found it, added some more things, and started to try and cross them all off. It's so much fun and helps you see life in a different light. I have my whole list (almost 300 items) on my blog, but a few of my favorites that I want to do are:
#66. Work at Apple
#75. Swim the English Channel
#115. Go to Burning Man
#136. Attend the Sundance Film Festival
#155. Go to the Ellen DeGeneres Show
#164. Play Andy Roddick in ping pong
#171. Read everything by Dr. Seuss
#286. Learn to breakdance

Candidly Chris said...

Love the bucket list! I'm currently working on mine - my list is almost at 100! I'll let you know how it comes out :-)

Cheers from Seattle,
Emerald Dandy

Laura said...

Juliana: Do you think its kindred? Thank you for the blog love and I love your blog as well. Did you know I was an Alpha Phi as well? Could we be sista's from another motha? I added you to my blogroll too! Can't wait to read more of your thougts.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I'd love to do the road trip across America, at a very slow speed so I wouldn't miss a thing!

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Casa Mia said...

I love love your bucket list...Milk a cow, what a fantastic idea...and writing a book...I will buy your book....Love your blog. Thanks for visiting me...cheers

Angela Tolsma said...

fabulous list! I have something similar, but I usually just call it my goal list!

Cynthia said...

Great list...I have a feeling you are going to accomplish them...all of them. Off to think about mine.