Thursday, November 19, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

In San Francisco the weather has changed. Right now our nights are cooler then New York and our days are bright and brisk. After I tweeted, I secretly like it when its cooler a friend wrote back, "You can take the girl out of Canada"! This is so true. I am loving these warm, cozy retro pictures. All I want are some fuzzy socks, tomato soup and hot chocolate. So bundle up and enjoy...
My inspiration came from by Brunch at Saks: Comfy Cozy Monday
Thanx sweetie!
How stunning and romantic is this shot?

I love lazy days like this on a cool November day. She seems like she doesn't have a care in the world.





I am in love with this wrap coat. How awesome would it look if you added a belt and some boots? All of a sudden I feel warmer.





This warm and retro family room is just lovely. I could stay in a room like this for hours with a blanket and some tea.

Check out this coffee cup cozy warmer from Etsy. This just makes me giggle and hopefully would keep my hands warm.

Hey, baby it's cold outside. So let's make a deal that tonight we'll go home and stay warm, cozy and retro. These socks are a great way to start (minus the retro). What are some of the things you do to stay warm? Do you secretly like it when the weather gets cooler?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that first shot IS amazing!!!! Gorgeous ...I want those socks on my feet now!

. said...

ooo, great images! I definitely feel cozier now!

Andi said...

I am a 100% cold weather girl, even better cold rainy weather. I love fall and winter clothes I love the air clean and fresh, it means there are seasons which the Bay Area doesn't really have.

MrJeffery said...

Love the coffee cozy!

Laura said...

...love Maegan: Thanx sweetie. Me too over and over!

jeannie: So glad! Now where did I put my other sock?

JMW said...

I don't like the extreme cold (February can be a miserable month), but I do like it when the air gets crisp, we put on a fire, cuddle under afghans and watch a good movie.

Love that pic of the family room with the combination of traditional and modern. Fab!

Laura said...

Andi: Love this comment and I also love the fall clothes and sweaters.

MrJeffrey: How wonderful is the coffee cozy? Thanx for your comment.

Julie said...

There is nothing better than bundling up with some hot cocoa! Love the post!

Moya said...

It reminds me of the time when my husband & I were just starting to fall in love:)
I'm in Jamaica and I love when the air gets crisp and it's cold at night.
I couldn't wait for "summer weather" to be over (I'm sure I'll feel the same though of colder months in February! Lots of people think it's just sunshine & heat here but I live in the moutainous part of the island).

Joanie said...

I have a few pairs of warm cozy socks that I only wear inside and only when the weather gets really cold! And several throw blankets, enough for everyone.

Dollface said...

Im so ready for winter to be over... and it basically just started!! boooo xxxoo

Laura said...

Thanx Julie:

Moya: I love hearing about Jamaica's fall weather. We all can assume too much.

Laura said...

Joanie M: lol please don't tell anyone about my pink fuzzy socks.

Dollface: You're just ahead of the times and the weather!

Writing Without Periods! said...

Great images. The coffee warmer is very unique.
Mry

AiringMyLaundry said...

I definately feel cozy now.