Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do I become a Pinup girl?

So my secret is finally out...can you help me fulfill my life long dream of becoming a Pinup girl? Where do I sign up and pose like one of these lovely vixen ladies? There's always been something so strong and sexy about Pinup girl's poses. And I love these modern day pics with a twist...get ready to let me know which Pinup girl is your fav sweetie.

Pinup girl rocker chick: Her hair matches the couch. Her short bangs, sultry guitar holding and purple backyard makes for a very strong picture.

These Pinup girl boots are amazing. Could I wear these boots during my Pinup girl photo shoot?

Pinup car girl: This shot feels very innocent due to her pose and feminine bathing suit and yet she still has that come hither look.

I'd love to wear one of these retro designed bathing suits. I think the middle one is my favorite!



With the above Pinup boots I think I might wear this retro apron. Wait do you think its a little much?

Pinup peek-a-boo: Who doesn't like a hometown girl with a surprise.

Just stunning!

Pinup office girl: She looks very serious, but we know she's a fashionistas with those boots and pearls.



That was fun! Why do I now feel the need to put some curlers in my hair and lather on some red lipstick? So have you decided where I can do my Pinup pics? No, well OK. I'll settle to hear about which Pinup girl is your favorite...

17 comments:

Morgan said...

I love this! I think every woman would love to be a pin up for one day. :)

Brandi said...

I'd say, find a retro swim suit you love, hire a photograph and get out and take some shots. That would be so much fun to do. I might even do it. And yes, the curlers are a must, I think.

~DokterKenny said...

Well you certainly have the looks to be a pinup girl. I say you hookup with Jules (TangoBaby) and have some fun turning yourself into a pinnup girl. At the very least I'll bet your SO would appreciate a calendar of you as a different pinnup girls!

Leah said...

Hahaha... I love this post... what a fabulous secret. I would love to see you in any one of those retro bathing suits with your hair curled and luscious red lips. xoxo

Unknown said...

LOVE this! You are so funny!!!! I love that 50's pin up look!

have a great day lady!

Laura said...

Morgan: Wouldn't that be fabulous. We'd have so much fun!

Laura said...

Brandi: I can't wait to see yours. Or we can just dream in posts :)

Laura said...

~Kenny: Great ideas for sure.

Laura said...

Leah: It would be fun and cheeky :) Thank for your comment Leah.

Laura said...

Party Box Design: So glad you saw the fun it. Some of my lovely readers think I'm serious :) xoxo

Dollface said...

you would look fabulous as a pin up girl!!! hope the wedding planning is going well dolly.. have you entered my giveaway yet?? xxxoo

Allyson said...

Y'know I had never really thought about it, but now you've got ME itching to be a pin-up girl. To me, nothing says retro and hot more than being perched on top of a car..preferably a 66 Mustang. But you have to take what you can get. A motorcycle will work in a pinch. AND I just found some boots very similar to those at GB Shoe Warehouse. The only thing? They're rubber so you can wear them in the snow, which we keep getting. I love functionality. Perhaps I'll do boots and an apron...note to self: add red lipstick to grocery list! Thanks! ;)

undomestic mama said...

There's a place in Seattle that does it. I was going to do it for Valentine's Day but it didn't work out. Now, I'm just going to reward myself when I get in better shape. I bet you could find a place in your area.

Laura said...

Dollface: Off to enter your giveaway doll!

Laura said...

Allyson: How fabulous will your shopping list be? Love that you feel some of the Pinup girl inspiration train....

Wallflower Diaries said...

I use to have my Grandmother roll my hair when I was alittle girl. I loved the look of the ladies in her old photos & wanted to be like them.

Anonymous said...

Those boots are definitely made for walking