Thursday, September 24, 2009

Laura's gratitude walk; check!



On Wednesday, I was having one of those days. The kind where you feel beaten up from life. I was finding it hard to connect with what I needed to do and focus. It took a friend of mine to remind me about being grateful. He suggested that I needed to take some time out for myself, every day. So today I am committing to walking every morning for the next 30 days, with gratitude.

During my walks, I will remind myself of the things I have to be grateful for. From my friends and family to the beauty of the San Francisco's nature all around me, to realizing what's good and positive in my life. Saying these thoughts out loud will make my statements more true.

This could be my form of meditating. In a way, I am quieting my mind from all the noise.

A gratitude walk sounds exactly like what I need.

(Cafe Gratitude is located in the Mission in San Francisco)






What can you do to feel the gratitude of every day? Do you think expressing your gratitude can help you on a daily basis? Tune in for tomorrow for my Mayhem & Moxie post as Mona lands from her busy week of travels in my home town.

6 comments:

Char said...

even when we're down, it's always better to try and find a smile in the bottom of the heap than crying about it, right? or that's what I keep telling myself.

. said...

trying to look at everything in a positive way and being thankful. The glass is half full, not empty =)

Dollface said...

I love this!!! Its nice to spend some time appreciating things in life.... xxxxoo

Pretty Zesty said...

I love a good walk and some meditation... you can definitely put your worries in perspective!

Laura said...

Char: You and me too sister! What are some of the things you can do?

Lily G: Thank you sweetie for the reminder. See reminders help so much!

Laura said...

Dollface: Thanx honey taking the time can change everything. I'm sure I'll feel so much more centered after only a couple of days.