Friday, September 25, 2009

Mona lands in San Francisco

Mona called me a couple of weeks ago. She wanted to see if she could stay the night at my place in San Francisco after her 5 day whirlwind of a trip around the blogosphere. The 5 days were to promote the new Moxie Media. Since we love having house guests, we rolled out the red carpet and invited Mona in.
Hosted by

Mona started off her day by waking up late because of her jet lag. She took her eye mask off, put on her fuzzy slippers and went into the kitchen to have her prepared breakfast.

After breakfast, Mona felt it was time to go out on her walk of the city and visit her favorite places.

First stop was Fisherman's Wharf. And though she was tired from flying throughout the blogosphere she stopped to look for the perfect postcards to send to her blogging friends. And look...she even found a perfect sized cable car just for her.

Next Mona kindly asked to hitch a ride with a local in Aquatic Park.



Here she asked a kind man to stop and take a picture of her in front of her favorite chocolate factory Ghirardelli Square. Have you been before? The sights and smell of the chocolate are to die for.

Mona was concerned when she saw this aggressive lions sign in front of the pirate ship on the bay. Luckily her superhero costume can double as a swimsuit if need be.

Ahhh...Mona is so happy to be back in her city of San Francisco. The city seems to welcome her back on a beautiful day.

Here's Mona on the Golden Gate Bridge. Well OK its a model at our local Trader Joe's, but she still flew there I promise.

And after a very long week and journey, Mona returned to our home to chill out with a movie and some dinner. Thank you Mona for coming to visit.

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Great blog! I've been following Mona's travels this week, and I was excited to see she was in San Francisco! I just applied to art school there, but I've never been. You pictures make me so happy! And really, I sold on the town at the Ghirardelli factory and you had me at pirate ship! (I'm a NERD for pirates!)

Lauren said...

Wow...lots of typos in that one...lol. Guess I was too excited to type!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like someone showed Mona a really good time. I HEART San Francisco!

Unknown said...

Ahh! My old home territory! I love the San Francisco sights! Thanks for being such a good hostess for Mona's last day of travels!

peewee said...

And you didn't even take her to a lesbian bar?! What is San Fran without a gay experience? No wonder she went wild in LA. :)

awesome post!

Laura said...

Lauren: Let me know about schools and this is a great city. Thanx for stopping by sweetie!

angie: Me too sweetie!

Laura said...

Lolli: I promise to call you for ideas next time!

Dumb Mom said...

Mona made me miss SF! Very nice post:) Looks like Mona had way more fun w/you than she did @ Casa de Dummies. Guess that's to be expected!

Scary Mommy said...

I love Mona on the bridge-- perfect! What a great last day she had!!

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day! My bff lives is San Fran. I visited her once during Bay to Breakers. Oy! Mox woulda fit right in!

Keith said...

Hey there. I really enjoyed your post. I hope you've had a fantastic weekend. Take care. Have a wonderful week ahead. Cheers!

Holly said...

Been all over your blog this morning... i love it... I also love Mona... my fellow co-workers and i once planned a trip and when we were prepared to leave we found out that once of us could not attend... we had always teased her about David Hasselhoff and had pinned a picture of him in her cube at work... we took Hasselhoff with us and took pictures of him all around Philly... we surprised her with a slideshow of "Hoff's Big Adventure"... it is a GREAT memory... :-)