Monday, September 14, 2009

Happy Blogaversary to Under the Sheets-shhh!

Happy one year anniversary to Under the Sheets-shhh and to little ‘ol moi! Thank you my blogging friends, for an incredible year of growth, support, care and understanding.

I was once given the advice that blogs can change over a year and boy were they right. I started off by writing more story posts and then Under the Sheets-shhh changed into more of a lifestyle blog. (Click here to read one of my first posts.)

So much good and bad has happened over this last year and I thank you for going with me on this journey. I was able to use this blog as my creative outlet to release my inner thoughts and wishes. Looking back, I see I’ve written posts that had mostly happened in my past and tried to stay away from what was happening in my life at the present moment. You may be wondering why? I think mostly to keep my privacy and because of my fear about the black hole we like to call the Internet.

Announcing big changes to Under the Sheets-shhh over the next year. Ahh shucks you guys, this is so exciting!

Drum roll please…my plans over the next year is to let you in on my life more and share with you my present day experiences. I would love to combine my two loves of writing with the lifestyle pictures. How does this sound to you my lovelies? I’d love to get your thoughts and comments about this.

And in the spirit of sharing with you what’s happening in my life, I have some wonderful news
to share with you...

Two weeks ago, Honey proposed and we’re engaged. I am very happy and excited about our future. (Catch up here to read about our love story.)

I’m about to go through planning a Hindu and Jewish wedding. We fondly call Hinjew. We’re not the first or the last couple to attempt this, but going outside of the box is never easy. I hope we can have a combination wedding and have a lot of warmth and loads of love on our big day.

Blogging friends please don’t worry, my plan is to not make this a wedding blog, but ask for your help with the drama that comes with planning a wedding and maybe bounce an idea or two off of you. In addition to these posts, I’ll continue to write to you about life in San Francisco, relationships, Wishful Wednesday, society, current topics, sarcastic stories and I’ll throw in some recipes and photography. Will you come with me on the next chapter of my life? ~Laura

20 comments:

Angela Tolsma said...

OMG CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!

Happy Blogversary!!

And Congrats on your engagement! That is sooo exciting!!

Looking forward to another year of reading!!

Dollface said...

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! You waited till now to tell?? CONGRATS LADY!!!!! I cant wait to hear more about the wedding... best of luck!! xxxoo

♥ Braja said...

Oh honey congratuLATIONS!!!! I'm very happy for you. Always marry a good Hindu boy that's what I say.

Wait...it is HIM who's the Hindu, right? I mean...you are quite pale. Meh whatever...I'll just call you Lauraji from now on...
:)))
xoxoxo

Laura said...

Namine: So excited to have you along for the ride Namine.

Dollface: Yeah love that I can share it with you!!

Laura said...

Braja: Oh you are too perfect and what time can you be here in San Francisco to help wedding plan?

Drew said...

Congratulations on both counts! Keep us updated on the combination wedding!

Keith said...

Hey there. Congrats on the blogaversary and the engagement. Great news on both events. I wish you two the best. I assume he's the Hindu and you are the Jew, right? That should be an interesting wedding. I was actually born Christian, but am actually studying Judaism now and considering converting.

P.S. Thanks for linking to my page. I appreciate that. I've added your wonderful blog to my blog links.

Couture Carrie said...

Happy Blogiversary, darling! Keep up the amazing work!

xoxox,
CC

Lora said...

Stopping by from SITS and adding my congratulations!!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

OMG!!! Congratulations!! How exciting!

And happy Blogversary!!

Of course we'll come along on this new journey with you darling!! :)

TheOnlineStylist said...

Congratulations on your engagement...and blogiversary!! Big hugs to you and Honey! Look forward to blog changes... changes are good! x

Angie Muresan said...

Of course we will! And congratulations on both your engagement and your blogging anniversary! Wish you the happiest journey on your new life together with your honey. Share plenty of love, sex, laughs, stories, and good food with each other, and you'll have a happy marriage that transcends religion and culture.

Char said...

CONGRATS!!! *squeal* that's so wonderful.

congrats on the blogiversary too!

CAKE Creative Co. said...

wow laura! huge news! double congrats are in order, both on the blog-a-versary and the engagement! can i come help you pick out a dress at glamour closet? (seriously, if you want any help i'm all yours... just e-mail). and yes- let's plan a guest post!

Filipina girl said...

Wow...Many more blogging years to come for you! As of your wedding preparations, wish you the best and all the happiness!

I may only go for a Filipina Girl pseudonym but I frequent your blog. *winks

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

HAPPY ONE YEAR!

Eliza said...

Congrats x 2 :-)

tangobaby said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful journey you're taking together.

All my best wishes to you both.

Joy said...

How wonderful! Congratulations on your many blessings!

Chocolate Lover said...

I've spent the last couple of hours reading through your blog! I ended up reading all your love story posts and am so excited to finally get to this post! CONGRATS!!! I feel like I've been reading a good book and got to the bet part of the love story!
While I am new to your blog and I know this isn't specifically a wedding blog, I for one (being a bride to be myself) would love to read more about your plans!