Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend peace from San Francisco!







I'm spending this weekend at a friend's wedding. They are getting married in a little town about a half an hour away from Santa Cruz, Ca. I'm excited to get out of the city for some peace. Yes, sometimes its great to walk away from the hustle and bustle of San Francisco. I was already looking forward to the wedding festivities and then I saw where the wedding is taking place. In a little cottage, nestled around nature, flowers and green. Just lovely!

Thank you to everyone for your honest and open comments about the last Should I change my name after I get married post. I loved reading about how you handled changing your name. Some of you hyphenated, changed your maiden name to your middle name and/or combined both last names. It was JMW's advice from the bog A place to dwell that has stuck with me. She said, "A person once pointed out to me that you can either take your husband's name or keep your father's name - we live in a very patriarchal society. That's one way to see it." Have a wonderful weekend all.

7 comments:

Char said...

have fun at the wedding!!! :)

bridechic said...

Hope you'll be posting or at least chatting about the wedding once you get back. Have fun.

Deepika said...

i loved the images u've posted in this blog!

Keith said...

Hey there. Great post. I hope you've been having a wonderful weekend. Take care. Cheers!

Unknown said...

I love all things wedding! Have fun!

Laura said...

Char: Thanx sweetie!

bridechic: Will do!

Deeps: Thank you for your comment.

Laura said...

Keith: Thanx honey! Loved your post today as well.