Thursday, August 20, 2009

Room inspiration: lifestyle color







I love the feeling that I have when I'm in a colorful room, especially when one wall is painted a solid color. (For four years, I lived with a mint green wall in my apartment's family room.) Living in San Francisco you have to be creative with our smaller living space. Which is why I think color can cheer up any room. And then there's something to be said for a clean, white laundry room that has built in cubbies for organization. Is this where I confess to you that if I could, I would live at The Container Store? Yes I really am that girl!

10 comments:

Dollface said...

When I have a house and more space, other than this box in Manhattan I will be able to fill rooms with these thoughts and colors... until then its nice to live through your dreams! xxxoo

Laura said...

Thanx dollface. Do you agree that since we live in such great cities we live with the smaller space? Love that you're with me on my ride...

Unknown said...

Wonderful colors so bright and delightful. Stopping in from SITS

Mind / Works said...

Laura, thanks for dropping by at my site....glad to know you also!...

Vintage Lollipops said...

Each space, with their various color palettes and unique detailing, is just fantastic. I love the way a welcoming/beautiful environment can instantly transform disposition and perspective. xxx

June Saville said...

I generally agree about the coloured walls - and of course colour generally. One exception springs to my mind. When my children were small I actually painted a large bedroom wall a brilliant peacock green. Wonderful to begin, but my goodness I got sick of it!
June in Oz

G. B. Miller said...

Hi there.

Thought I would swing by and take a gander to see how you're making out with your blog.

I can see that you have a boatload of followers, so things must be going well.

Hope things are turning out for you in a most positive way.

G (aka Georgie B)

Laura said...

June: Thanx for stopping by! And yes unless you pick the right color the wall can become damaging to your health =)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Holy cow...that laundry room. I'm drooling. I have a bright robin's egg blue in my kitchen with red accents. It's a whole lotta color but I adore it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.