Saturday, August 21, 2010

Inspirational Weekend Quote


Two years ago I discovered a book that spoke to me and I finished reading in only three days. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Sure, sure I know that this movie seems to be everywhere and I've heard the mixed reviews, but Elizabeth's message is all about letting go.

Letting go...

Such a hard skill to master. Believing that someone else has planned the journey and all you need to do is BELIEVE and let go.

And I'm super excited to see how the magic of the book is captured on the big screen. Over the years I've given this book away to girlfriends as gifts. There was my honey's boss, my girlfriend who's going through a divorce, my married friend who's having a hard time getting pregnant and then to my bridesmaid after she had surgery.

All at a different stage in life and responded to the message just as I did.

I was hoping that this book would help teach them about the amazing journey we're all on. Life is happening now...in this moment...let go on your journey. And the Margherita pizza is still making my mouth water. Have you seen Eat Pray Love yet sweetie? Did you feel the same message?

1 comment:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I LOVE that quote! I hope you had a fabulous weekend, darling!! :)