Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Come on Vogue with The September Issue!

Something clicked for me while watching the fashion documentary The September Issue this week. I swear I heard the angels singing. I felt like a fly on the wall in Anna Wintour's office, editor-in-chief to American Vogue. And to get yelled by her would be a dream come true!

Or maybe it would be a thrill for me to just be inside the Vogue walls.

Vogue fall photo shoot

From the documentary it was Grace Coddington, Fashion Editor, that really caught my eye. It is her creative vision for photo shoots, cutting edge fashion and passion for shoots that struck me. Some of Grace's photo's can be seen here.

It was the marriage between Anna and Grace that surprised me. Anna is always on the forefront of Vogue, as she should be. Yet it was Grace that was able to challenge her with her true vision for the magazine.





The September Issue
Take a look at this promo for the movie to see Anna and Grace (the unmistakable redhead) go head to head.

Color, color, color and perfect pose. Work it girls! This picture seems to be flowing through.

I'm pretty sure I have this hat somewhere in my closet from Toronto. Hold on as I go and try it on!



I love this color and wish I could wear it everyday. If I wear a turquoise ring with it would it be too much sweetie?

Love this Cameron Diaz California girl inspired shoot from the Vogue 2009 issue. The September Issue movie helps the viewer understand a little more about the high society in the fashion world. Whether it's designs, to clothes, to photo shoots, to runway shows or flying to Paris a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Tell me, does this movie speak to you like it did to me lovely?

2 comments:

MrJeffery said...

can't wait!

Laura said...

MrJeffery: I loved it. Watch it and let me know what you think!