Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lady In Red dress memories

Have you ever watched a woman walk into a room and it feels like time has stopped? The breath from men and women seem to have been taken away. Well, have you ever been that woman? So comfortable in your own skin and confidant in that dress, you can feel all eyes on you?

I have very fond memories of my red dress that I used to wear to family events and functions. When appropriate, I would slip into my perfect shade of red and slink slowly to the dance floor. If it wasn't right away then soon after the Lady in Red song would play.

Who knew if I was I really being watched, but I felt alive and feminine. I felt the glamour in my bones.

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;



Sometimes fashion can feel like a Bliss Fest and when it works it so works. And even though it's been many years, I can still picture that dress and so can my friends and family.

Isn't it amazing how fashion and design can make you feel? Honestly those red dress memories still speak to me. What can you remember that was fashion worthy sweetie and you find yourself smiling about? Can't wait to read your comments about your closet stories! Lady in Red is dancing with me....

1 comment:

Mrs Anne said...

i love that song...
no doubt you turned every head!