Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bad sleeping habits

I hope you enjoyed this dream/sleep week on Under the Sheets~shhh. I enjoyed revisiting sleepovers and bedtime stories. A couple of weeks ago, I read a wonderful post on Lillies and Grapes blog. Enjoyed it so much that I tweeted about her post. It made me stop and think about my own bad sleep habits.

Foetus
Those who curl up in the foetus position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by 41% of the 1,000 people who took part in the survey. More than twice as many women as men tend to adopt this position.

As far back as I can remember I've curled myself up into a little ball to fall asleep. My sleep position needs to be just right. Who do I think I am, Goldilocks? When I was recovering from major knee surgery, I had to sleep on my back and I never seemed to rest peacefully. Honestly, I've never been described as tough on the outside, but sensitive at heart. However, I have been told that I'm too nice.

So here is my top ten bad sleeping habits. (Click here to catch up with some other top ten posts).

10) I still enjoy a warm glass of milk to lull me to sleep. How old am I?
9) Our bedroom is a cave, blackout curtains and all.
8) I have been known to wear ear plugs. They fall out in the middle of the night, never to be seen again!
7) I sleep in pajama outfits. Seriously…
6) It takes me forever to find a comfortable position on my pillow.
5) At the end of the day I get in bed and I let out an “Ahhhh!”
4) I need about 7 hours of sleep. (I know this will go out the window as soon as I have kids.)
3) Be aware that I cuddle. If you don’t like it then get out of the way.
2) Some of my dreams are so vivid that I find myself running in bed.
And my number one worst sleeping habit is:
1) I’ve been known to talk in my sleep. My father used to say, “I would make a horrible spy!”

Thanx lovelies I feel so much better for analyzing my own sleep habits. Tonight I'm going to rebel and maybe not use ear plugs. Wow, watch out world. Let me know which sleep number made you groan out loud?

4 comments:

Lyndsay Wells said...

Apparently I snore. This according to the man who occupies the place to my immediate left in the bed. I, of course, don't believe him, chossing instead to think of myself as Sleeping Beauty, restfully dozing as if encased in glass ;)

Loved this top ten!

frenchie said...

eewwww...warm milk! my idea of hell!!
i sleep on my tummy. just like when i was a baby! and i love a heavy comforter with a blanket to weight it down even more! no idea why! and i hate sleeping with socks.
i need to know i have a tissue under my pillow and water nearby...
ha ah!! we are weird creatures of habits!

Laura said...

Maven: I know you're right sweetie! Oh and me too!!!

Laura said...

DesBisoux: We are weird creatures for sure. It's great to take the step back!