Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our Love Story: Light at the End of the Tunnel

Interracial dating, love and our relationship. Story continued: Slowly I did it taking small, stiff steps. I practiced for 45 minutes and was tired at the end. Before I end and rest honey showed me that I had to walk without the crutches all together so I would know that I could do it.
One, two, three......
I took my first weak steps. We were both so proud of me. Then future honey reached for me, hugged me and then kissed me awkwardly on the forehead. Looking back, I am glad he kissed my forehead, as I wasn’t ready for more. I was concentrating on getting better from my knee surgeries so I could return to my life in San Francisco. I was trying to return to him.

Around this time, honey had visited me several times in L.A. His parents, especially his mother started to show concern. Honey's parents and family are Hindu and come from a small town in southern India. They came to America after honey and his sister were born. They moved and still live in Northern California, own a Store that they have worked very hard for and his father also works for a large hospital.

Mothers always know don’t they? Honey's mother asked him why was he coming to L.A. to see me so often. She suggested that I was leaning on her son too much. That honey only felt loyal to me because I had helped him get a job. She questioned our friendship, his loyalties and my intentions.

I will talk more about the parent friction in upcoming chapters, but I wanted to let you know that we have had obstacles to overcome as well.

So here's a funny story that I would like to share with you. I have talked a lot about giving mixed messages during this time of our friendship to my future honey. I gave ALOT of mixed messages. Honey gave some as well.

Honey was staying at my father's house for the weekend. He had gone to UCLA for college so he still had a lot of close friends that lived in L.A. He was looking after me during the day and it was getting late when I suggested that he stay the night and could sleep in my little brother's room. (Mixed messages.) He agreed to stay, but had no luggage with him. Before we fell asleep I asked if he needed anything like a clean towel for the bathroom or a toothbrush. (Mixed messages.)

Honey said laughing "Well then that would mean me getting two different toothbrushes from two different girls in one weekend!"(Mixed messages)

My heart sank.

Nice Honey :)

Stay tuned for the next chapter. Interracial dating, love and our relationship: Chapter 3 Part 4 Meet The Parents Opposite Reactions

No comments: