Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Retro Santa Monica Farmers Market

I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Mine was spent getting to know my new Los Angeles surroundings and spending the day with my father who's birthday is today. So this weekend we went down to the Santa Monica Farmers Market. The weather was overcast, but the people were still smiling. I loved being outdoors and discovering the new produce, flowers, merchants and fruit. So come along with me on this retro Farmers Market day...



First stop, let's grab this adorable bag, some cash and sunglasses.

Who says you have to grab any old bag to go to the Farmers Market? Try one of these stylish Audrey Reusable Bag. And she has sisters!

I would love to get this book as a house warming present because of it's wonderful recipe ideas. I just feel better when eating more fruits and veggies...don't you?



I can't wait to get a bicycle with a basket so I can ride to the beach on Saturday mornings. All I need now is a flowy dress and some flip flops to match my fashion ride.





I'm pretty sure that butter lettuce is my favorite in a salad. It brings something unique to the flavor of the salad and I seem to only find it at a Farmers Market.

Oh that was a fun retro Santa Monica Farmers Market day. I wish I could be there right now. Farmers Market have become so popular over the past years. And I think its a great place to bring children. Tell me, are you as addicted to your local Farmers Market as I am sweetie?

5 comments:

Pretty Zesty said...

Love that bag and LOVE farmer's markets!

PJ said...

Hey Gal! I realy enjoy fresh fruits and veggies. Our town can't seem to keep a Farmers Market open. I guess our "gardeners" like to think their crops are made of gold. Needless to say they are too expensive, so we end up "settling" for the grocery store items. Hubby used to grow a garden, but after this year, I think he's calling it quits. Age and arthritis has caught up with him.

God Bless!
PJ

Laura said...

Kris: Thanx honey...me too!

Laura said...

PJ: What a great comment PJ and so great to have you back. I've recently heard of community gardens where you can rent a piece of land and plant and tend to the garden for a very small fee. Do you have something like this in your town?

Angela Tolsma said...

Oh a farmers market would be so much fun!!

So something weird happened when I tried to visit your blog today. It said Warning virus site and I had to override it to even visit you. Not sure why that would happen. Hope your sites okay