Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe

How may times have you gone out to eat at a restaurant, ordered something that seemed like a lot of money and then thought to yourself 'I think I could have made this'. Try this Mushroom Chicken Piccata recipe for your next dinner.

I love Italian food. It's one of my weaknesses. All of the yummy pasta and sauces makes me feel warm and happy. This recipe will show you that you can recreate that Italian restaurant feel at home. So break out the red and white checked table cloths, light a candle and start cooking.

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika (hint:or you can use rosemary in the flour)
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Makes 6 servings

DIRECTIONS:
In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and paprika. In another bowl mix together egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in seasoned flour. In a large shallow pan, heat butter or margarine over medium high heat. Saute chicken pieces until golden brown. (Hint: You can use oil instead of butter, but this adds a lot of time in the browning.)

Add mushrooms and onion to the pan and saute for 5 minutes. (Hint: place the onion in the freezer before you cut which can reduce the onion crying.) Then in a medium bowl combine the broth, wine, lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix together and pour mixture over chicken and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium low and let chicken mixture simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.

Some great side dishes suggestions are: serve can be pink cream sauce pasta, salad, potato's au gratin and a salad. I made this for my family this week. We all loved it. Have you ever tried to turn your kitchen into a restaurant? What is your favorite Italian dish to make?

9 comments:

Vintage Lollipops said...

This is making me so hungry! I might have to (NEED to) try this... xxx

Laura said...

Yum.... let me know how it turns out for you Bella. xoxo

Linda S. Socha said...

Gosh. That looks too pretty to eat! I would probably want to bring it in for and Art display show!
Linda

Laura said...

I give you permission Linda. You can eat it all!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh this looks delicious! I think i'm going to try to make it this saturday--thanks for recipe!

Fancy Schmancy said...

I might have to try this for Tuesday night dinners with my nieces next week. But, are those capers in the picture?

Laura said...

Hi Schmancy: Yes those are capers. Sometimes I like the piccata with or without them. Children usually want it without.

Let me know how it turns out?

laura said...

mmm oh my gosh that looks so gooooooooooood! you've made me super hungry.

ELP said...

uuuuuummmmmmmm,YUM!